[BlueOnyx:09328] Re: Cobalt Migration Utility (cmu) Problems

Grant Davies Grant.Davies at webqem.com
Thu Jan 5 16:05:22 -05 2012

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for the input, however we get a huge number of failures:
Cannot find DNS SOA record for <domain>. I believe this is because it is a
slave, not a master server.

Any other ideas?

This is a sample of the output:

---Begin Copy---

[root at NS4 zonefiles]# /usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsDeleteAllRecords.pl
--delete-confirm

dnsDeleteAllRecords.pl V2.0
===========================

Author: Michael Stauber

*** This script will delete ALL DNS records from your system. Use with
care !!! ***

Examining CCE to find all DNS records in preparation for deletion ...

Found a total of 0 'DnsRecord' entries in CCE.
Found a total of 0 'DnsSOA' records in CCE.
No DNS records of type 'DnsSlaveZone' found in CCE. (Good!)

There are no DNS records in CCE that need to be deleted ...

[root at NS4 zonefiles]# /usr/sausalito/sbin/dns
dnsDeleteAllRecords.pl  dnsImport.pl            dnsMassChange.pl
dnsMXmassChange.pl
[root at NS4 zonefiles]# /usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsImport.pl /tmp/zonefiles
Cannot find DNS SOA record for saigonmap.info
MX record  redsquare.com.au => mail.redsquare.com.au with priority
very_high has been created sucessfully
A record mail redsquare.com.au => 172.16.1.100 has been created sucessfully
A record  redsquare.com.au => 172.16.1.100 has been created sucessfully
A record www redsquare.com.au => 172.16.1.100 has been created sucessfully
SOA record redsquare.com.au has been modified sucessfully
Cannot find DNS SOA record for sydneyslice.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for webqem.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for larryadler.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for webqem.co
Cannot find DNS SOA record for readytoteach.co.nz
Cannot find DNS SOA record for kokodatrust.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for alioncalledchristian.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for mcc.com.sg
Cannot find DNS SOA record for dread-bofh.com
Cannot find DNS SOA record for hopscotchtoys.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for dogs-only.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for sirensswimwear.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for blackdoginstitute.asn.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for alanlandisantiques.com
Cannot find DNS SOA record for phuquocmap.info
Cannot find DNS SOA record for blackdoginstitute.com
Cannot find DNS SOA record for exerciseyourmood.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for office1.webqem.com
Cannot find DNS SOA record for marketingcentral.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for dread-bofh.net
Cannot find DNS SOA record for charlielynn.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for acuga.org
Cannot find DNS SOA record for broadcastbuilder.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for saironsteel.com.au
Cannot find DNS SOA record for katesells4u.com
Cannot find DNS SOA record for webqem.com
(etc)

--End Copy---

Grant Davies

www.webqem.com <http://www.webqem.com/>

e. grant.davies at webqem.com
m.  +61 402 570 313
p. +61 2 8968 1669
webqem:  weird name.  outstanding online solutions
development | ads | learning | training | software