[BlueOnyx:09334] Re: /var/spool is at 3GB causing /var to fil

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun Jan 8 15:38:07 -05 2012

Gerald Waugh wrote:

> wise, if the server has severe problems, rebooting may make it
> unreachable, requiring a trip to the data-center or a support call

Good thought, Gerald.  And yes, that's certainly been known to happen!
One thing that we are able to do to make that a little less horrible
than it could otherwise be is offer IP-KVM, so customers literally can
get BIOS-level console access to a server, even from the other side of
the world, as if you're hands-on.  If the facility you're hosted at
offers that, you may want to have access to that before blindly
bouncing.  Food for thought, anyhow.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services