[BlueOnyx:09378] Re: admin errors python

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Thu Jan 12 15:12:35 -05 2012

Hi Steffan.

On 1/12/2012 9:33 PM, Steffan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It happens many times that on several servers the siteadmin cant be
> reached
>
> Restarting admserv gives a error on port 81
>
> Python is taking port 81
>
> So killing it will restart admserv but why happens this
>
> And what to do to resolve this
>
> tcp        0      0 :::81
> :::*                        LISTEN      27657/python

This is a long standing problem / bug. Basically, somewhere at the OS
level, we sometimes find apps showing they are listening on the wrong
port numbers. The weird thing - If you restart the daemon / processes
that are listening on the wrong ports, another one pop's up shortly
afterwards still causing issues. On my servers, I dont usually see this
with python - I usually see other apps - but it is basically the same
problem.

I have a gut feeling that there is something in CCED and/or swatch that
is linked to this problem. Each of the apps that get stuck on the wrong
port are all started / restarted / manipulated by CCED and/or swatch ...

To get your server running again - a reboot will fix it - or just keep
restarting services till it all gets back to normal.

Regards,
Greg.