[BlueOnyx:09380] Re: Email Aliases

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Jan 13 08:39:24 -05 2012

Alan Seath wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a BlueOnyx server and every time I create a new user to a virtual site through the GUI it adds an entry similar to the following in the virtusertable:
>
> user at www.domainname.com

Nothing wrong there.

> I then have to edit the virtusertable to remove the www. , save the file and restart sendmail.

Whoops.  That's a mistake.

> Is there a reason why this is happening?

Yes.  It's doing exactly what it should be doing.  Why are you going in
and manually changing it?

If you've configured the site properly, you have the domain in the email
server aliases box and therefore a line in the virtusertable like:
@domain.com       %1 at www.domain.com

In other words, leave virtusertable alone.  It was working precisely as
intended.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services