[BlueOnyx:09406] Re: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Collator in /usr/sausalito/ui/libPhp/Collator.php on line 11

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Mon Jan 16 23:39:39 -05 2012

On 11/23/2011 9:03 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
>> Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Collator in
>> /usr/sausalito/ui/libPhp/Collator.php on line 11
>>
>> Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Locale in
>> /usr/sausalito/ui/libPhp/uifc/Locale.php on line 116
> We didn't release and updates in the last couple of weeks that could have
> caused this problem. Just to be sure I checked the GUI of 5106R, 5107R and
> 5108R and went to the pages you mentioned. I don't see any of these problems.
>
> So this isn't a general problem with our code, but with something odd on your
> end.
>
> The kind of problems you describe usually happen when a class or function is
> declared more than once. A class is a section of re-useable code. Once it is
> declared, you can simply call it elsewhere with just one command to do the
> complex set of instructions that you coded into that class. However, class
> names must be unique, so that PHP doesn't get confused.
>
> Class "Collator" deals with string manipulation. Such as sorting or merging of
> strings. Class "Locale" deals with the localization of the GUI and the
> handling of different languages. Those two classes haven't been modified by us
> in ages, because there never was any need to improve or change them.
>
> So I wonder if you made some modifications to the GUI which could have caused
> this. Like installing something that's not really designed for usage on
> BlueOnyx. What did you do on the server before the error happened?

Thanks Michael for the response and sorry I have not gotten back to you.
This box is a test box and really has nothing on it other than the base
BO install and 2 website I use to experiment.

Website 1) Has wordpress installed on it
Website 2) Has roundcube webmail installed
Website 3) Just created a site

Installed MONO but not against apache but rather used XSP2

Also just performed a yum update on the box and rebooted and get same
thing.

Now since this box is only experimental I can definitely just create a
new box if you think it is something I may have done and then try
installing a few of the things above and test after each to see if it
causes the issue. I would not have installed or modified any of the BO
files.

Jim