[BlueOnyx:09459] Re: worker busy

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Fri Jan 27 20:24:44 -05 2012

At 03:47 PM 1/27/2012, Dudi Goldenberg wrote:

>>Starting about two weeks ago, my logwatch file has had some very odd entries. I've never seen it before.
>>Perhaps someone has seen this and knows what it all means.
>
>Sounds like you need to increase the number of workers in dovecot.conf;
>
>Look for "auth_worker_max_count"

Thanks Dudi,

The lines are commented out, so I imagine there is a default.
What do you suppose suddenly caused this (It was not happening prior to
a couple of weeks ago)?

# Maximum number of dovecot-auth worker processes. They're used to execute
# blocking passdb and userdb queries (eg. MySQL and PAM). They're
# automatically created and destroyed as needed.
#auth_worker_max_count = 30

# Number of auth requests to handle before destroying the process. This may
# be useful if PAM plugins leak memory.
#auth_worker_max_request_count = 0