[BlueOnyx:09493] Re: More pam_abl questions....

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jan 31 09:16:13 -05 2012

Hi Chad,

> I guess I shall explore the options to add on since I can't easily
> implement what I'd really like to do with the version of pam_abl that's
> there.

I looked at PAM_ABL again (it has been a while since I implemented it). We're
using 0.2.3 in BlueOnyx, whereas 0.4.2 seems to be the most recent one.

I checked if 0.4.2 could be added as a simple "drop-in" upgrade by just
rotating the updated sources into our code tree (and by updating the config
after the build). But it's sadly not as easy as that. The build process is a
bit more complicated now and we need a mightily complicated new Makefile to
build CCE with either a 32-bit or 64-bit PAM_ABL implementation. After all, we
use the same sources for 5106R, 5107R and 5108R.

I like the new functionality that the newer PAM_ABL provides and some of the
bugfixes are also quite yummy. I'll look into upgrading PAM_ABL to the latest
version sometime next month.