[BlueOnyx:10702] Re: vSite aliases not working

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.net
Sat Jun 2 20:07:48 -05 2012

On 06/02/2012 07:18 PM, William Thackrey wrote:
> Gentlemen –
>
> One of our BlueOnyx servers has an issue where none of the web site
> aliases are working.  Instead it redirects to another vsite.  This is
> true of all web site aliases for all vsites.  The primary web URL for
> each vsite works correctly.  We've restarted cced.init and httpd as well
> as the server itself.   Ideas anyone?

Check the /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/sitex files
You should see

# owned by VirtualHost
NameVirtualHost ip.add.re.ss:80

# FrontPage needs the following four things to be here
# otherwise all the vhosts need to go in httpd.conf, which could
# get very large since there could be thousands of vhosts
ServerRoot /etc/httpd

<VirtualHost ip.add.re.ss:80>
ServerName www.domain.tld
ServerAlias domain.tld

If you don't see "ServerAlias" then check the GUI settings.
Site Management -> (select a site)
then look at
Services -> Web -> Web Server Aliases
Nrmally you would see domain.tld in the text block (no host name)

--
Gerald