[BlueOnyx:10709] Error in behavior of vHost aliases

William Thackrey wethackrey at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 21:44:30 -05 2012

Michael –

We're trying to troubleshoot some flaky behavior of some sites imported from a 5106R server that we're retiring to a new 5108R server.  We're seeing either vSite aliases being redirected to a BlueOnyx :444 login or both the vHost primary url and the alias doing the same thing.

One behavior we're seeing which we think might be a bug is this:

If we enter a new web alias or change the web alias in the BlueOnyx Virtual Site::Services::Web page, the vHost file (i.e site1) in /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts is written correctly.  However, if we clear the Web Server Aliases field, the vSite file does not get re-writen to reflect the change.  That is, a "null" entry in the field should clear the aliases in the vHost file.  It does not.  The previous entries remain.  Deleting or renaming the vHost file causes it to be written correctly.

We'd be interested in your feedback.

Regards

Bill Thackrey
wethackrey at gmail.com