[BlueOnyx:10759] Joomla update for 5107R

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Fri Jun 8 18:15:06 -05 2012

Hello BlueOnyx experts,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a slightly off-topic question.

I migrated sites (all free hosted for non-profit groups) from a 5106 to a 5107R BlueOnyx server.  About a week afterward - we realized the Joomla sites had a problem.

It appears the Joomla sites which are all Joomla1.5.10 won't work with the newer PHP5.3 on 5107R.  The Joomla1.5 was written to work with the older PHP5.1 on the 5106R.  And it results in some of the menu functions completely broken.

I've found that Joomla.org put out a updater that will take Joomla1.5 to the current Joomla2.5 version.  But you must first manually update your 1.5 to the latest 1.5 version - 1.5.25.  And that's where I'm stuck.  I can't find anything on how to update these 1.5.10 to 1.5.25 so I can then use the Jupdater to get to 2.5.

Has anyone else run into this on BlueOnyx?  And maybe have a suggestion on how to resolve it?

Thanks guys & gals.

Chuck