[BlueOnyx:10761] Re: Joomla update for 5107R

Don Teague blueonyx at donteague.com
Fri Jun 8 23:51:45 -05 2012

You can still get 1.5.25 (and older versions if you wish) with a
little creativity in Google Search.

For example, searching for "Joomla1.5.25 site:http://joomlacode.org"
would get you the download page for the 1.5.25 release.

I recently did an upgrade of 1.5.15 (or 1.5.18, I forget) to 2.5.x -
since the site is no longer around, my notes are gone as well.
However, if memory serves I didn't go from 1.5.1x to 1.5.25 directly.
For some reason I upgraded to 1.5.22 (or .23) first, then continued my
upgrade. Again, my notes are gone, and I can't remember why I did
that, but I remember have to do so. Obviously, your mileage may vary.

I would, however, strongly recommend a backup of the site first. While
I use the raqbackup.sh script nightly, I also use Akeeba Backup for
Joomla. (http://www.akeebabackup.com) When you have to restore a
Joomla site, it does the job very well.