[BlueOnyx:10771] Re: phpMyAdmin credentials issue

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jun 12 11:55:17 -05 2012

Hi William,

> I am not an expert on the MySql and BlueOnyx but I am (pretty) sure
> there is no connection between the MySql root password and the
> password you set for root in the Gui for BO. The reason I feel
> confident in this is on one of the test boxes I use PhpMyAdmin always
> yells at me that I havent set the root password yet and it is set in
> the Gui for root.

Check under "Network Services" / "MySQL". The "Status" line should say:
"Connection possible with these login details". If it tells you anything
else, then the GUI doesn't know the current MySQL password. Either
because none is set, or a password is set, but it's different for the
one that MySQL is currently expecting.

For debugging purpose you can run cceclient:

/usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient

On the shell it provides type: "find MySQL"

It will report back the number of the CODB object for "MySQL". Say it
is 41. In that case you then type: "get 41" to read what's configured in
object #41. It will show what the configured password is.

--

With best regards,