[BlueOnyx:10796] Re: Sendmail access bug ?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jun 14 10:22:12 -05 2012

Hi Frank,

> I wonder if I have not found a bug in sendmail management.
>
> Removing the bloc referencing "dev" and recompiling the access.db has
> resolved the problem. But not sure that BlueOnyx will not rebuild the
> access file with this old vhost ? It's a server in production
> (e-commerce) and it's difficult to test it for now.

Yeah, there was a problem with the alias generation. Greg fixed the
code for that a few days ago and I then released the updates via YUM.
However, that update only prevents the problems from happening again. If
you aliases were a thad messed up already, then this will remain.

To fix this you can run this script as "root" from SSH:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/fix_web-and-email-server-aliasses.pl

It will go through all sites and makes sure that all web server aliases
and email server aliases are correctly written off to the respective
config files. So once you run this script, the GUI and the config files
will agree with each others again about all the aliases.

--

With best regards,