[BlueOnyx:10807] Re: Pear DB on BX

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jun 15 09:32:42 -05 2012

Hi Richard,

> I also thought yum install would work, but it includes an error
> message in
> the process when I tested it.  It says installed, but I'm never happy
> with
> anything includes the word 'error'.  I also don't know enough about
> PHP to
> test whether it's really OK.
>
> This isn't essential for what I'm doing, but thought it worth a
> mention.  Do
> you get the same errors?

Yeah, same here. I enabled the "extras" repository on a 5106R and tried
to yum install php-pear-DB and got the same error.

After a bit of Googling it appears that this is a well known CentOS 5
issue, that popped up somewhere around CentOS 5.5.

You can fix it this way:

yum reinstall php-pear

Afterwards you can install the required PEAR RPMs such as php-pear-DB.

--

With best regards,