[BlueOnyx:10809] Re: Gallery

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jun 16 21:21:49 -05 2012

Hi Harm,

> I've installed the solarspeed package of picture gallery, only after
> the user walked through the setup process he gets an 500 internal
> server error, and i cant seem to find the cause of it, anyone had
> similar issues? PS I already posted it to the support of solar speed
> but over the last 4 weeks I haven't had an answer yet.

Wow, thank you. Maybe I did not see that mail for whatever reasons? You
could have asked again, even by phone. But thanks for complaining here,
so it is archived for all posterity.

What does the Apache Error log report? It would be the first place to
check. But after four weeks the logs have already rotated 30 times, so
you might have to access the Gallery 3 page again to provoke them. The
Apache logs are here by the way: /var/log/httpd/error_log

Doing a "tail" on them while you access the page in question might be a
great help. So that would be "tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log" while
you thimb through the browser accessing the page in question. And then
you might see that it is possibly down to too low memory settings for
PHP or something similar.

--

With best regards,