[BlueOnyx:10816] migrating dns from raq 550 to a BX machine questions

webmaster webmaster at oldcabin.net
Sun Jun 17 12:21:04 -05 2012

Time to retire the 550.  Ya think :-)   ?

Finally got all my clients off of it and now it's time to move the DNS.

Does someone have a tutorial, or routine for getting the DNS onto BX
from the 550?

I have see the cobalt migration utility mentioned throughout the years
and briefly tried it when I was moving sites from the 550 to BX.

I had issues, got frustrated, then I gave up and moved the sites by
hand. Fun fun!

Current machine  that I host my clients sites is running5106R

I plan to deploy another machine (a duplicate) which will serve as the
NEW DNS server as well as hosting some sites if needed.

Anyone got a system/plan/routine they can share?

Thanks!

Happy fathers day to all who celebrate this day!

~ Tim