[BlueOnyx:10840] Re: IonCube and AW Stats

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jun 20 11:35:39 -05 2012

Hi Richard:

> I recently upgrade my php and mysql observing all the rules so I
> don't
> break the o/s but now my AW-Stats package is not working properly

You may have saved 50 bucks by not purchasing one of the supported PHP
packages available from either Compass Networks or Solarspeed. Which
would have been a welcome contribution to the BlueOnyx project itself,
too.

Your system is now bent so far out of specs that you will run into
problems with the GUI in the long haul and lost the ability to install a
fair share of extra software that you might desire sometime down the
road.

This is why we usually discourage "do-it-yourself" PHP upgrades. Yeah,
they are possible, but then all bets are off and it turns into a support
nightmare if anything ever goes wrong.

> IonCube Loader could not be found!
>
> Apparently your /etc/php.d/ioncube.ini file has been modified or is
> missing.
>
> The file is there and contains :
>
> ; Enable IonCube extension module
>
> zend_extension = /home/solarspeed/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

If you upgraded to PHP-5.3, change that line so that
"ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so" is replaced with
"ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so". Then restart Apache and AdmServ and that
problem will be gone. All the other lingering issues related to the DIY
PHP upgrade will remain, though.

--

With best regards,