[BlueOnyx:10849] Re: Timezone strangeness

Support support at etmpacific.com.au
Sun Jun 24 03:14:48 -05 2012

> I have several BlueOnyx servers running as virtual machines on a Proxmox
> server. Two of them, a 5106R and a 5107R when rebooted set the time/date
as
> GMT. It should be GMT +10, so I have to manually set them each roboot.
> I have checked in the GUI and the zone is correct. Can anyone suggest
where
> else I could look for the problem?
> - Ernie.

I had ( today ) a brand new 5107R server install doing exactly the same
thing and as the date/time is incredibly important on this machine ( HP
DL360 G4 ) I have checked
everywhere for an invalid configuration without success.

And so I was wondering if it was because of this;

ntpd            0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
ntpdate         0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

So based on what I read on the interweb I did;

service ntpd start
chkconfig ntpd on

ntpd            0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
ntpdate         0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

... and has this has seemingly fixed my issue ( GUI changes and machine
restarts no longer result in an incorrect date/time ).

Tony