[BlueOnyx:10876] Re: FTP default folder

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 08:58:13 -05 2012

Uploading/updating websites.

Colin

From: blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it [mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it] On Behalf Of Chuck Tetlow
Sent: 26 June 2012 00:06
To: BlueOnyx General Mailing List
Subject: [BlueOnyx:10871] Re: FTP default folder

I think my first question would be:

If they're not tech savy enough to be able to navigate to the proper directory - what are you giving them FTP access for??  FTP is powerful enough that they could do some serious damage to a website - deleting, renaming, or overwriting the wrong files.

If they can't figure out what directory they are in - do you trust them with the site's files?  Or do you trust them with the other user's files (like their mbox file)??

Chuck