[BlueOnyx:10886] Re: Timezone strangeness

Support support at etmpacific.com.au
Wed Jun 27 02:28:40 -05 2012

Ok I know where it breaks now..... before I do an install I set the BIOS
date / time correctly and it stays that way 100% until after the first web
gui screen where you put the admin password in and then it is +14 hours from
the entered time for me.

So the steps to reproduce it are;

1: Build a machine, go through all the yum update and such

2: Access the web interface for the setup phase

3: iLO into the box ( effectively underneath the web interface connection )
and confirm that the date / time is 100% correct in the box

4: Set the time on the first screen ( after having filled in all the other
details like admin password )

5: In iLO note that the date is now wrong on the machine as well as in the
web gui

6: Set the correct date and time in the web gui and press save, get logged
out and when you are logged in again note that the time is again wrong

7: Reboot the machine from the web gui

8: Date / time is still wrong

9: Reboot only to BIOS startup screen to get to F10

10: Check BIOS date and time - 100% correct

11: Reboot

12: Date should be 27/06/2012 17:14 but is 28/06/2012 03:14 so the OS has
changed it as expected

13: chkconfig still shows ntpd all off

14: Set pool.ntp.org as the 'NTP Server Address'

15: chkconfig now shows ntpd on for 2, 3, 4 and 5

16: service --status-all shows ntpd with a pid of 2284 so it is running (
forgot to specifically check this previously )

17: Set the date / time in 'Time' correctly in the web gui and reboot the
machine only to BIOS startup screen to get to F10

18: Check the BIOS date / time - 100% correct

19: Reboot

20: Check from iLO - 100% correct

21: Check from web interface - 100% correct

So it seems that there is an issue with the date / time on 5107R that is
reproducible. I think this should be enough information to point to where
the problem is ( or maybe it could be too much... I'm not sure ).

Tony