[BlueOnyx:10895] Mailman problems

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Wed Jun 27 21:43:30 -05 2012

Anyone else having problems with the new Mailman?

I migrated just one server to the new 5107R a couple months ago - and still fighting problems in Mailman.  I didn't think I'd have this much trouble, since I ran a big Mailman list for a LUG about 10 years ago.  But this integration with BlueOnyx has problems.

The first and biggest - I can't get it to allow messages without moderation!  Even though we've carefully set the list to "Only Subscribers Can Post Message" - it refuses to accept messages without Moderation approval.  Anyone know how to convince it to allow subscribers to post?

The second is merely pesky - the "Send monthly password reminders" in the MailMan Admin Interface.  Even though we've set that to NO, gone back and changed it/then back to NO - Mailman continues to send out reminders at the end of each month.  I can't count the number of "what is this" e-mails I've had to respond to!  So its just eating up a bunch of my time and causing confusion for users.

Anyone else run into this?  Maybe know how to get Mailman to behave??

Chuck