[BlueOnyx:09717] Re: exec on a single site

jeffrey Pellin - PX2 jeffrey at px2co.net
Fri Mar 2 06:49:20 -05 2012

Hi Michael,

Is there a tutorial anywhere about suPHP on BO.

I've never really had any success with this and on this particular
site with it turned on and the site admin as web owner it won't even
execute the index.php. I am using the Solarspeed php upgrade.

Regards

Jeffrey

---

 JEFFREY PELLIN
 Director

 JEFFREY PELLIN CONSULTANCY
LTD [2] WORK: 01692 558226
 MOBILE: 07768 451738
 EMAIL:
jeffrey at pellin.co.uk [3]

 		See who we know in common [4]

On
02.03.2012 11:01, Michael Stauber wrote:

> Hi Jeffrey,
>
>> Can
anyone help me with a simple way to enable exec on a single site. I
really don't want to turn this on for the entire server.

> The PHP
directive "disable_functions" can only be set in php.ini:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.disable-functions [1]

So one option of doing it for a single site only would be to enable
suPHP. In
> that case the site will have it's own php.ini.
>
> You'd
then need to edit the php.ini of that site and would have to remove

'exec' from "disable_functions".

> You'd need to unprotect the sites
php.ini with "chattr -i php.ini' first
> before you can edit it,
though. And this change might get reverted back
> whenever you change
this sites PHP settings through the GUI.

Links:
------
[1]
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.disable-functions