[BlueOnyx:09751] Re: php.ini, suPHP, and xdebug

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Mar 7 17:03:46 -05 2012

Hi Matt,

> Having said that, it appears as though the module is still not installed
> properly because the xdebug doens't have a section in the phpinfo() output
> like it should.
>
> If I had compiled it wrong, I'd expect to see some sort of error somewhere,
> but that doesn't appear to be the case.  Any ideas on why it isn't
> working?  Did the .so get put in the wrong place?

You probably 'only' did a "pecl install xdebug". In which case xdebug was
built for and compiled for the onboard PHP (/usr/bin/php).

You need to build it with the PECL that comes with the Solarspeed PHP:

/home/solarspeed/php/bin/pecl install xdebug

Typically the *.so will then also end up in the right place.