[BlueOnyx:09762] Re: openwebmail error - Fixed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Mar 9 05:56:02 -05 2012

Hi Matthew,

> I also started getting this after today's massive yum update ... related?
>
> First thing I did was to check the quota for the user in question, but
> that looked fine for both the user and site.
>
> I'm also getting reports from other folks as well. No quota issues to be
> found.

Yeah, I just did run into a box which had the same problem, so that I could
troubleshoot it.

So far the problem only exists on 5106R and it was indeed caused by the
CentOS-5.8 perl perl-suidperl updates. These changed a few behaviours of Perl
around, so things that OpenWebmail used fine in the past now started to break.
\o/

Part of the problem is the Perl file locking and the dbm.conf of OpenWebmail.
That one configures which file locking mechanism to use. File locking is used
to prevent that multiple processes try to write to the same file at the same
time.

To fix the problem in OpenWebmail, both instances of dbm.conf must be changed
to this:

dbm_ext                 .pag
dbmopen_ext             none
dbmopen_haslock         yes

For the Solarspeed.net OpenWebmail that's in this two files:

/home/solarspeed/openwebmail/cgi-bin/openwebmail/etc/dbm.conf
/home/solarspeed/openwebmail/cgi-bin/openwebmail/etc/defaults/dbm.conf

Afterwards this script should be run:

/home/solarspeed/openwebmail/cgi-bin/openwebmail/openwebmail-tool.pl --alluser

It rebuilds the indexes and fixes any OpenWebmail database issues.

I just published an updated "solarspeed-base-gui" RPM out to the YUM
repositories for 5106R, 5107R and 5108R that will apply these fixes
automatically.