[BlueOnyx:09854] Re: Issue with Blue Onyx 5106R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Mar 21 08:07:25 -05 2012

Hi Bill,

> Unfortunately that didnt work.When i used that it still kicks me to the
> "Welcome and thank you" screen. If I use it on a different server running
> same version of Blue Onyx it works as you said it would. When I tried
> clicking on the start button I can see it is going to loginHandler then to
> login then back to intro.html.
>
> Its almost as if when I was adding the new site some config file got
> currupted. The new site i was adding used the same ip as an existing site
> on that server.

That's fine. You can have as many sites on the same IP as you want. But only
one of the sites is then allowed to use SSL certificates.

Try this:

Login as "admin" by SSH and "su -" to gain root access.

Then run this programm:

/usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient

It will reply something like this:

100 CSCP/0.80
200 READY

Then type this inside that program and be sure to type it with the same upper
and lower cases as shown in my examples:

find System

It will reply something like this:

104 OBJECT 3
201 OK

Note that it said that the object ID is 3. Yours may be different. Take a look
at the object by using the "get" command. Be sure to use the object ID that
the "find" command had reported:

get 3

102 DATA productBuild = "5108R"
102 DATA NAMESPACE = ""
102 DATA productIdentity = "20110922"
102 DATA CLASSVER = "1.2"
102 DATA isRegistered = "0"
102 DATA CLASS = "System"
102 DATA gateway = "192.0.2.1"
102 DATA serialNumber = ""
102 DATA domainname = "smd.net"
102 DATA productName = "BlueOnyx 5107R/5108R"
102 DATA productBuildString = "build 20110922 for a 5108R in en_US"
102 DATA isLicenseAccepted = "1"
102 DATA OID = "3"
102 DATA productLanguage = "de_DE"
102 DATA productSerialNumber = ""
102 DATA console = "1"
102 DATA productVendor = ""
102 DATA dns = "&192.168.2.1&"
102 DATA hostname = "5108r"
102 DATA locales = "&en_US&da_DK&de_DE&ja_JP&"
201 OK

What we're looking for is this setting inside the "System" object:

102 DATA isLicenseAccepted = "1"

In your case it is most likely set to "0" instead of "1".

So do this (and be sure to replace the object number after the "set" with the
object number that was reported to you during the "find" command:

set 3  isLicenseAccepted = "1"

If you typed that correctly, it will just reply back with this:

201 OK

Press CTRL+C to exit cceclient. You should be able to get to the GUI now
without seeing the "Start" page.