[BlueOnyx:09879] Re: Problem with ISO images

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Mar 22 21:45:24 -05 2012

Hi Chuck,

Chuck Tetlow wrote:
> After purchasing some of your software night before last - I got to
> installing some new servers today.  I pulled the latest ISO off the
> updates.blueonyx.it website.  I carefully chose the 5107R version with
> date 20120313 - since my first install was a slightly older Dell 2560
> server.  My understanding is those Xeon chips in it were only 32 bit, so
> the 5107R was the right version opposed to the 5108R version.

Ahem... 2560!  Wow!  But hey, they can be tanks.

> But when I started the install, the first screen that came up said
> "Welcome to BlueOnyxx 5108R!".  Uh oh!  I was sure I'd pulled the right
> version and put it on CD, so I went ahead.  Sure enough it installed -
> at which point I wasn't sure it was because I had the right version with
> wrong labels, or my server's Xeon chips were 64 bit??

Well I can confirm that I've personally done 2 5108R installs today for
2 different customers, both with the latest ISO, and they're both the
correct version.

> Can you tell us how to determine whether we have a 32bit or 64bit
> version - once its already running??

Run this:
# uname -r

A 5108R box (64-bit) will return something like this:
2.6.32-220.7.1.el6.x86_64

Whereas a 5107 box (32-bit) will return this:
2.6.32-220.7.1.el6.i686

Hope that helps...
--
Chris Gebhardt