[BlueOnyx:09907] Re: SSL Warning On 5106R

SB9-PageKeeper Service ml at sb9.com
Tue Mar 27 13:30:09 -05 2012

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: [BlueOnyx:09900] Re: SSL Warning On 5106R

> Hi David,
>
> SB9-PageKeeper Service wrote:
>> I'm Aware that SSL must be on only 1 IP and not shared.
>> That IP is being shared but no SSL is being used for it.
>> netstat -an does not show that IP address state as LISTEN.
>
> Is there actually a certificate that is installed for the site?

No.

> I have seen this behavior before where although SSL is enabled, a cert is
> not actually installed.  This can happen when you generate a new CSR
> without having the "self-signed" checked.

All sites on the .71 IP address show the default message below on the SSL in
BO.
"There is currently no certificate for this site. Create or import a
certificate to view information for that certificate."

> When you start SSL on a site, you need to generate a CSR (click "Create
> Signing Request") and ensure that you have "Generate Self-Signed
> Certificate" checked.   The reason for this is because BlueOnyx will
> generate a "placeholder" certificate to get the SSL service started on the
> site while you wait for the certificate to come back from your CA.

Don't apply here. This warning happens during the vsite creation on the
shared IP.

"SSL is already being used by 'www.1st-site-using-this-IP.xxx' which shares
the same IP address, 'Shaired.IP.Address.nnn', as this site.
SSL can only be enabled for one site using a shared IP address. Change the
IP address of this site or disable
SSL for 'www.1st-site-using-this-IP.xxx' if you want to enable SSL for this
site."

On the other SSL problem (below)... thats the other problem with the GUI not
importing...
"[BlueOnyx:09573]  Unable to Import Signed SSL Cert"
It creates the placeholder. It just won't upload the signed cert.
(I end up overwriting the placeholder with the externally signed cert till a
fix is found)
2 different Issues with the SSL part of the GUI.

--

Thanks
David Hahn