[BlueOnyx:09920] Importing users that have DES passwords

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Wed Mar 28 02:10:03 -05 2012

I have about 350 users that I want to import into a virtual site, that have
come from an old FreeBSD server that was using DES56 passwords not MD5. Is
there anyway of converting their passwords to MD5 or failing that can DES56
passwords be supported on a BX server?

The orignally came from a Slackware linux box, onto a FreeBSD server that
had the libdescrypt.a installed so the passwords  didn't have to be changed,
but that box needs to be retired and so I thought it would be a good chance
to move them across to BX.

- Ernie.