[BlueOnyx:11658] Re: SMTPS settings?

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Mon Nov 5 15:42:00 -05 2012

On 11/5/2012 3:31 PM, Roy Urick wrote:
> Ok, I think I have tried every possible combination with no luck.
>
> Im setting up a new 5107 server. Im trying to encrypt everything and
> have run into a snag.
>
> when attempting to connect via smtps, can we use the submission port?
Oops, hit enter too quick....

Or is SMTPS only listening on 25 by default?

What port/ encryption settings should we be using? I found that using
port 993 with ssl/tls and a normal password works for IMAPS, but trying
every combination of SMTPS and connection security and authentication
methods fails for me. (Ive tried 587 and 465 but cant hit port 25
without disabling a firewall rule for port 25)