[BlueOnyx:11727] Re: Different PHP Version Running

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Nov 29 08:29:48 -05 2012

Hi Marcello,

On 11/29/2012 2:15 AM, Marcello Torchio wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> i have different php sites on my BO 5108R servers. Some of them are very
> old and need older PHP version than the 5.3.9 one. Is it possible to
> switch different php version depending on the Vhost?

No, unfortunately there is not a way to do what you are asking.

Here is a suggestion - it is what we do.  Run another system (ie:
BlueOnyx 5106R or BlueQuartz 5102R) and use it for only the old sites.
In most cases a small VPS is suitable for this.  We have customers that
have their own servers with us for most of their sites, but then will
rent a $29/mo VPS just to serve a handful of old sites requiring an
obsolete PHP.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services