[BlueOnyx:11538] Re: Podcasting

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Mon Oct 15 13:06:44 -05 2012

On 14/10/2012 12:34, WnA C-S wrote:
> One of my users is trying to publish a podcast into itunes.  The
> podcasted file is hosted on my blueonyx server…  she gets this error.
>
> "our episodes are hosted on a server that doesn't support byte-range
> requests.  Enable byte-range requests and try your submission again."
>
> What am I missing?

Apache does byte-range requests by default on static content.

You may have turned it off as there was a big security scare last year
that utilised byte-range requests in Apache...
http://apache-range-exploit.com/

Also, if you have a (php) script that is serving the content then you
will have to make that script byte-range aware as Apache won't do it on
it's own.

Dan

--
Find me online : http://www.dogsbody.info/