[BlueOnyx:11558] Re: Admin GUI via IPAD QUICK FIX?

jeffrey Pellin - PX2 jeffrey at px2co.net
Fri Oct 19 02:24:56 -05 2012

Hi Jon,

This previous post might help you.

Hi all,

I have made
a very tiny change to the log-in script which seems to help
immeasurably
with this problem on Droid devices, and I guess might also
help with
iOS.

Basically on /usr/sausalito/ui/web/login.php

I changed

And I
can now log in from a number of Droid devices
successfully.

Regards

Jeffrey

---

 JEFFREY PELLIN
 Director

JEFFREY PELLIN CONSULTANCY LTD [3] WORK: 01692 558226
 MOBILE: 07768
451738
 EMAIL: jeffrey at pellin.co.uk [4]

 		See who we know in common
[5]

Michael Stauber wrote:

>> Hi Roy,
>>
>>> I remember this thread and
yes it did seem to get fixed. I Just tried adminning my server from my
iPad and the problem seems to have returned. Did the change below
possibly get reverted by another patch? [BlueOnyx:08078] Re: Admin GUI
via IPAD QUICK FIX?
>> Hmm ... no idea. I tried to read up on that
message from last year, but either there is some crucial context
missing, or I can't remember all the details. I can see that I can't
login to the GUI via the iPad if the "Secure Connect" checkbox is
ticked. But without it being ticked I can log in. Like the old message
indicates: This problem has been around in the original code for more
than nine years now. I might give it some more effort to see if I can
fix it. But the new GUI that's in the works won't have these issues
anyway, as we'll do away with a lot of that pesky JavaScript that the
old GUI has.

> On a tablet I can not login at all with out the Cert
or with it...tried
> IE and ThunderBird with not results....I checked
the access_log but the
> only report I get is with ThunderBird with the
Cert unchecked
> [18/Oct/2012:11:35:50 -0400] "GET /login HTTP/1.1" 302
281 "-"
> "Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Tablet; rv:10.0.4) Gecko/10.0.4
Firefox/10.0.4
> Fennec/10.0.4"
>
> no other logs when testing

thx jon