[BlueOnyx:11566] Re: Sendmail Authentication errors

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Sat Oct 20 20:43:34 -05 2012

> Suddenly, with no real changes by me, I've got a few users who try to
> send mail either via outlook or their iphone and they get 'Relaying
> denied. Proper authentication required.'
>
> I had them check their mail and then do a send, but it still occurs.
>
> In the end (because I had limited debug time) I had to put their IP in
> access as a RELAY.
>
> What else could be causing this to suddenly happen?

Another cause of this behaviour may be if the user's account or their IP
address (host) is blocked due to excessive failed logins.

Log in to the server as admin, and go to the Security > Failed Logins
menu. If you see those users on either the Blocked Hosts tab or the
Blocked Users tab, click on the "Reset all blocks" button to unblock them.

dAvid tHacker                                  Email: David at ThackerNet.com
Thacker Network Technologies Inc.                Http://www.ThackerNet.com