[BlueOnyx:11335] Re: Bug report (phpsysinfo)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Sep 16 21:36:00 -05 2012

Hi George,

> 1. I wanted to file a bug report by following the bug report link that
> goes to the TRAC page.  On that page, there's a link for logging in, but
> nowhere could I find on the main site how to actualy *register* to be able
> to log in.

Yeah, the bug reporting via TRAC is discontinued. I switched it to
require logins (without ability to create logins) to prevent the
SPAM-bots flooding the ticket system with garbage. I tried various TRAC
add-ons to cut down on the SPAM-flood, but in the end it either requires
heavy moderation, or it is useless.

> 2. The bug concerns phpsysinfo.  That page contains, at the bottom, a menu
> list selection button that gives you various color and style choices.  (I
> read someplace that phpsysinfo isn't 'style aware' so dosen't pick up the
> user's own Blue Onyx page styles, but it has its own choices.)

5106R uses phpSysInfo-2.5.4 (due to the older PHP version), while 5107R
and 5108R use phpSysInfo-3.0.11.

However, both have been modified to NOT allow you to switch the themes
or page styles. Instead a certain style that best matches the default
BlueOnyx theme was hard wired in the configuration.

If yours has a link at the bottom to allow the switching of themes, then
this is not stock as it shipped with BlueOnyx.

Perhaps you tied your server into a third party YUM repository and got a
different version from somewhere else?

You can check that with the command "rpm -q phpsysinfo". It should
report back this based on your version of BlueOnyx:

[root at 5106r home]# rpm -q phpsysinfo
phpsysinfo-2.5.4-0BX02

[root at 5107r home]# rpm -q phpsysinfo
phpsysinfo-3.0.11-0BX01.i386

[root at 5108r SPECS]# rpm -q phpsysinfo
phpsysinfo-3.0.11-0BX01.x86_64