[BlueOnyx:12711] Re: Proposed changes to BlueOnyx DNS (important!)

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Mon Apr 1 07:47:15 -05 2013

I vote for option A as well.

Given you have NOT stopped localhost from using itself as a recursion
server, I think "breaking" the server is in the best interest of the
world. The server will continue to function normally while preventing a
big problem. Given this product is heavily used by  novice admins like
myself, defaulting these servers to a safe operation is pretty important.

I do foresee a sharp increase in traffic here as unwitting operators are
stung by the changes.

I would recommend adding a "sticky" news item to warn of this change as
maybe that might cut down on some of the list traffic.