[BlueOnyx:12739] Re: Uncool email

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Apr 2 13:18:25 -05 2013

Hi Jeffrey,

> I just got over 3000 emails from the BO list dating back to 2012.
>
> This is the third or fourth time the list has spammed me in a big way.
>
> It's hard to contribute when this happens.
>
> Any ideas please tell someone.

Sorry, but that must be a problem on your end. Like your mailclient
forgetting which emails it has already downloaded.

I just checked and in the last 24 hours the list-server sent just one
single email to you:

[root at lists log]# head -1 /var/log/maillog.1
Apr  1 07:56:04 lists sendmail[8145]: ****** information redacted ****

[root at lists log]# date
Tue Apr  2 14:17:52 EDT 2013

[root at lists log]# cat /var/log/maillog.1 /var/log/maillog |grep
jeffrey at px2co.net
Apr  2 12:07:40 lists sendmail[16184]: r32G78Pc016184:
from=<jeffrey at px2co.net>, size=3945, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<0c497a16f9688b92c124c6cf7afb4fb1 at bittern.px2online.com>,
proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=www.px2online.com [208.67.250.171]

And that single mail had 3945 bytes.