[BlueOnyx:12830] cmu scanin stalled

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Fri Apr 12 20:39:26 -05 2013

I am restoring a 5106 server and the cmu is most definitely stuck on
'Creating user: support'. That user only has a small amount of data and
it has been stuck almost an hour. The same message is also the last line
of the cmu.log file with no visible errors. Also checked
/var/log/messages, but if I check for the process, it is there...

[root at www1 cmu]# ps ax|grep cmu
  3595 tty1     S+     1:38 /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/cmuImport -d
/home/restore/vnyxbo.webtent.net/
  3610 tty1     S+     3:07 /usr/bin/perl
/usr/cmu/scripts/5106Rscanin.pl -f
/home/restore/vnyxbo.webtent.net//cmu.xml.3595

Is there a way to find out the status? And if I have to kill it, is
there any way to pick up where it left off or will cmu just skip over
already setup sites and users?

Thanks, Robert
--
Robert <robert at webtent.org>