[BlueOnyx:12855] Re: Problem: yum update error with Dependency python-devel-2.4.3-56.el5.i386

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Apr 15 16:15:36 -05 2013

Hi Eiji,

> At 5016R,  "yum -y update" caused an error as follow,  today.
> I canot execute "yum-complete-transaction"  because of 5016R.
>
> I did;
>     yum package-cleanup --problems
>     package-cleanup --problems
>     yum clean
>     yum clean all
>     yum update
>     yum update --skip-broken
>     package-cleanup --dupes
>
> But nothing changed.
> What happen ?   How do I finish yum update ?

It could be that your RPM database is corrupted and that the python
RPM's (or one of them) is now listed twice.

Please post the output of this command:

rpm -qa|grep python

If it list the same RPM with two different version numbers, then you'll
have to delete the newer one with this:

rpm -e --justdb <name-and-version-of-rpm>

When you have deleted the RPMs that show twice with different version
numbers like this, you should be able to run "yum update" again.

However, before you delete anything yourself, please post the output of
"rpm -qa|grep python" to the list so that we can take a look.