[BlueOnyx:12896] Re: Help request Cisco & BO stuff.

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun Apr 21 06:55:49 -05 2013

Hi Danny,

On 4/21/2013 4:33 AM, danny wrote:
> Apologies first - Posting here as a regular reader and know the good
> tempers of the people involved in the project.
>
> My sister handled lots of "fun" hosting at her house for many years.  We
> lost her to colon cancer last month and her instructions to me were to
> keep things going.  This may be a little more than I can handle on my own.

My sincere condolences on the loss of your sister.  I participate in an
American Cancer Society event called Relay For Life each year, which is
coming right up, and will do a lap in your sister's memory next Friday.

> We have disconnected her sites from her home and I now have them running
> from my home (Dual ISP coming in from AT&T and Comcast).  Both are
> business grade accounts with static IP's.
>
> I would like to get the whole setup secure, keeping in mind that I still
> have 2 additional wireless routers for my house and a printer I have to
> get hooked up over tcp
>
> The hardware I have to accomplish this task is as follows:
> PIX 515e - latest release for the 515 (no asdm) 5 ports
> Cisco 2950 / 24 port switch with 2 gig ports on the end.
> 4 1U servers of various makes (IBM / Dell)
> 1 2U server (IBM)
> 3 other apple machines that made up her FTP site (private / oldschool)
>
> I have 2 of the 1U's doing most of her hosting work prior to her passing.
> I hope to put these into the rack to avoid at least a little of the noise
> or my wife and kids will eventually kill me.
>
> I also want to continue to have my two AP's here, I put the kids on the
> slower one, and we use the comcast line for a little more speed.  I would
> also like to have the PIX do failover in the event comcast or att go down,
> rollover will kick in (Dual WANS).
>
> I am also on the hunt for solbourne hardware but thats kind of a sad story
> but must be fixed.  all in all there are about 9 machines in the enclosed
> PBX rack.  I did the recovery of the passwords on the 2950/24 and the pix.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this going in my home.
>
> in the end I would like to get a VPN tunnel into my network and protect
> the other 9 machines.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm going to message you off-list with a couple of suggestions.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services