[BlueOnyx:12137] Re: at new 5106R, yum makes MaiMan

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Feb 1 23:51:50 -05 2013

Hi Eiji Hamano,

> I just want to migrate the 5106R to new machine.
> It is a pretty big inconsistency if it is unsolvable,  isn't it ?

Well, you can migrate a 5106R to 5107R and/or 5108R. It will create the
old Majordomo lists with similar settings using the new Mailman. It will
even keep the subscriptions.

However, it will not import the old email messages that were in the
exported mailing lists.

Sure, it is not optimal that the old messages are not migrated.

But we can't continue to support dead software on our own just for the
sake of continuity. Majordomo has been dead since 20th January 2000.

*** Which was 13 years ago. ***

We simply had to move on. And so should you.