[BlueOnyx:12208] Re: Moving a VPS`

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sat Feb 16 11:43:50 -05 2013

On 2/16/2013 7:13 AM, Richard Barker wrote:
> Does anyone have details as to how to move a VPS on Aventurine.

Uwe from BB-ONE gave you a good procedure to use with moving
Aventurin{e} VPS's around.  That will work just fine if you're moving
between like systems. (ie: moving a 5106R from one system to another).

What it will not work for is migrating a 5106R VPS into a 5108R VPS.

> What I want to do is create a VPS with 5108R and move a 5106R or 5107R
> to the new VPS.
>
> Is this a simple thing or can it not be done?

That's not possible.  The binaries are completely different so you
cannot just magically take a 5106R and turn it into a 5108R.

For that you will want to use CMU and cmuExport your sites out of the
5106R and then cmuImport them into the new system.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services