[BlueOnyx:12254] Re: Yum Question

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Feb 19 18:01:12 -05 2013

On 2/19/2013 4:48 PM, Dr. Blunt wrote:
> Just wondering how to determine when a box reboot is necessary for
> the core YUMs to take effect? Most of the time I do not reboot the BOs

The only time I would reboot is when you want to boot a new kernel.
Most everything will load up dynamically without a reboot, but a kernel
will not.  That said, I have BlueOnyx systems that have been running for
over a year without a reboot so I don't always jump on a new kernel just
for the sake of doing so.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services