[BlueOnyx:13292] Re: Quick assist!

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Tue Jul 2 07:14:48 -05 2013

On 2 Jul 2013, at 12:21, Harm van Houten wrote:
> By mistake i did a chmod /* and a chmod /*/* is there a way to restore this ?

Oh wow. Um, I cant think of a textbook way to do this really. Given you didn't do a -R - thats only two layers of damage but that's going to take a lot to correct. Short of comparing it to another box / making a script to 'export' the permissions from another box... You might be stuffed. What did you chmod to?.. If it's 777 then it might not fall over *yet*, but don't be surprised if something breaks. I wouldn't reboot it!...