[BlueOnyx:13170] proftpd timestamps

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Sun Jun 2 23:33:36 -05 2013

I noticed that proftpd timestamps seem to be wrong.

The default behaviour should be to use localtime unless you enable TimesGMT
in proftpd.conf, but it's only using localtime for the admin users, anyone
else that is chroot for a vsite seems to pick up another TZ variable that
proftpd is using. Something like  GMT-5 not sure where that is being set.

As a fix, I am simply setting the TZ in proftpd.conf with the SetEnv TZ
command, but of course that will get overwritten when the package gets
upgraded.

Is there some more permanent fix?

- Ernie.