[BlueOnyx:13177] Re: Another BlueOnyx Theme Progress report

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 09:23:42 -05 2013

Michael wrote:
> Even their menu entries will be gone, as the new GUI uses a different
directory for the menu XML files. But you can still > see the software as
installed under "Installed Software" and (except for their GUI bits and
> pieces) it will continue to work normally.
>
> Then client(s) then can simply run a NewLinQ update from inside the new
GUI to upgrade the installed PKGs with
> versions that contain the new GUI bits and pieces for said packages.
>
> So that won't be much of an issue either. It just adds one extra step to
the upgrade procedure.

What about older packages? I still have a couple of packages that run fine
on my 5108 that I feel no need to spend new money on replacing with the
newer NewLinQ versions. Would it be possible for a user to manually copy the
xml files to the new location?

Thanks for all the work on the new GUI. It does look great.

M Aronoff Out