[BlueOnyx:13223] Rewrite Rule issues

Marcello Torchio lellozone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 02:03:39 -05 2013

Hi everybody,

one of my customer is having strange issues with Rewrite rule mechanism.

His site architecture is structured as below:

.htaccess redirects every URL (except particular ones) to index.php page.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$  [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php [L]

index.php has a bootstrap code that takes incoming URL, parse it, query the
MySQL DB and give back the response to the client with requested page. This
is done to improve SEO experience.

Everything is working fine, in fact the site is working and no error is
showed.

There are only strange log lines in error_log of httpd daemon.

In a random way the log shows "File does not exist" errors about pages or
content. An example below:

File does not exist: /home/.sites/28/site1/web/min/images, referer:
http://www.site.tld/min/?f=css/common1006.css,js/lightbox/css/jquery.lightbox-0.5.css,css/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.min.css

Or

File does not exist: /home/.sites/28/site1/web/client, referer:
http://www.site.tld/administrator/index.php?com=new_content&id=21263

That's true, but I don't understand why it's running this error in a random
way. In fact this log message is not displayed every time o go to that
link, it's casual.

Can anyone suggest me the reason why of this strange thing?

Thanks