[BlueOnyx:13960] Re: New GUI

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Nov 1 09:01:40 -05 2013

Hi Gustavo,

> Will it be possible to upgrade older 5108R to the new GUI?

Yes. BlueOnyx 5107R and 5108R can be upgraded in a fairly simple way.
When I release the new GUI, there will be a script that the server
administrator can run manually from the command line.

When executed, the script will change a 5107R or 5108R over to the 520XR
YUM repository. Then the script runs a "yum update" and "yum
groupinstall blueonyx" to both get any updates and RPMs that might be
missing. At the end of this the old GUI will be disabled and the new GUI
will be in place instead.

As a last step the server administrator then needs to update all third
party PKGs with GUI elements that might have been originally installed.
The PKGs will continue to function in general, but their old GUI (if
they had one and not all do have one) will no longer be visible until
these PKGs have been updated, too.

That is the general idea of how the upgrade will work. I'll post more
details about this once I get closer to the end of the coding.