[BlueOnyx:14008] Re: Problem setting interface alias netmask to 255.255.255.255

Menno Jansz menno at jansz.com
Wed Nov 13 06:47:09 -05 2013

Well they are saying that if I change the alias ips to have netmask
255.255.255.255 then the problem is resolved. But Blueonyx GUI wont let me
set that.

To be honest I have never got my head round the netmask stuff, but they
say they force all their other clients to do this otherwise their routers
get flooded with unnecessary arp who-has requests.

Cheers,
Menno