[BlueOnyx:14033] Re: cron jobs not running

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Nov 13 15:11:20 -05 2013

Hi Tom
On 11/13/2013 10:48 AM, wcstaff at webcoast.com wrote:

> Thanks I checked the log and there is no mention of cron.daily running.
> So I looked at crontab And sure enough, nothing was there. Even
> though it's a mystery why it's not there, I added it Back in and re-started
> the cron service. So I will see if it runs now.

OK, well that's something.

> Yes and No, I am the server that had a bad motherboard and I moved the
> drives to an exact backup machine. I also had the phantom IP addresses
> and broken GUI due to switching out NICs or drives, after an install.

Right, I just was not certain if there were some packages that had to be
removed/added, and it's possible that something has just been removed
and then left behind in the process of getting your bigger problems
squared away.   I remember this server (or more accurately its twin)
having been an issue on the list before, but just didn't recall all the
details off the top of my head.

> All that is repaired behind me now. Server has been flawless, except
> For spam.

Well... save for cron, right?  ;)   And hopefully there isn't anything
else waiting to pop up for you that has so far simply escaped notice.
Regarding the spam, AV-SPAM works a treat.   It's just a matter of
ponying up for it.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services