[BlueOnyx:13773] Is there a way of using PHP (for WordPress install) from the Content Preview web page(s)?

Richard L de S Clauson blueonyx at virbius.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 07:10:54 -05 2013

Is there a way of using PHP (for WordPress install) from the Content Preview
web page(s)?

I've set up a new virtual website, using 5108R, and ticked the "Preview Site
Configuration" option while creating it.  I then, via FTP, uploaded the
version of WordPress I wanted to install (a slightly earlier version than
one used successfully elsewhere on the same web server).

Because the domain hasn't yet been released to us, and because I wanted to
get up and running the same WordPress installation as the current one, I
couldn't just go and run the install script via the actual domain, hence
trying to do it via the Preview pages.

i.e.
not via http://www.domain.co.uk/wp-admin/install.php
but via http://www.svr.co.uk/www.domain.co.uk/wp-admin/install.php

This doesn't work, and IE, Firefox, and Chrome all try to download the file,
which on inspection says at the start "PHP not installed" (or similar).

I can open http://www.svr.co.uk/www.domain.co.uk/readme.html so I know that
the Preview is looking in the correct place, but that it just won't run any
PHP files!

Is there any special tricks, any change of settings, such as in the files in
the /etc/http/conf/vhosts directory, or anywhere else inside the BlueOnyx
interface, or outside in the Linux file system?  HELP!!

Thanks,

--
Richard L de S Clauson
Virbius Business, Reading, +44 (0) 844-588-1397 (fax 0870-879-1562)